Unable to Install 10122

Reaction score
I ran a check for updates yesterday and it found version 10122. I currently had 10074 installed and running. I downloaded version 10122 and selected install. It got to the 75% over all point (configuring settings I believe) and then aborted and gave me a message and told me that it was reinstalling my previous version (10074) which it did and maintained everything.

I tried the whole procedure again this evening with the same results, back at 10074. Any ideas?

Michael

Reaction score
I ran a check for updates yesterday and it found version 10122. I currently had 10074 installed and running. I downloaded version 10122 and selected install. It got to the 75% over all point (configuring settings I believe) and then aborted and gave me a message and told me that it was reinstalling my previous version (10074) which it did and maintained everything.

I tried the whole procedure again this evening with the same results, back at 10074. Any ideas?

Michael

It automatically tried to upgrade early this morning with the same results. Aborted around 75% with a message that it could not apply the update or something and that it was reinstalling my previous version.

Michael

Reaction score
From the tweets posted by Gabriel Aul, a new build, possibly 10125, will not be too far away.
Suggest you wait a bit.

Reaction score
From the tweets posted by Gabriel Aul, a new build, possibly 10125, will not be too far away.
Suggest you wait a bit.

Thanks. That may be the best route. At any-rate, the error I get often is:

Professional 10122 - Error 0xc1900106

Then it gives me a message that it cannot be updated and then restores to 10074.

Michael

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with a acer extensa 5630 laptop I have had to do a fresh iso install with every new build, not found an answer yet!

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with a acer extensa 5630 laptop I have had to do a fresh iso install with every new build, not found an answer yet!

According to Gabriel Aul, build 10130 will be released to Slow ring.
When that happens, its ISO will also be released.
You can then download the ISO and use it to install.

10130 Low ring and ISO.jpg

Reaction score
If I read his reply correctly as English is not my native tongue.
Build 10130 to Slow ring is put on hold until they can fix the audio bug.
But 10130 ISO will be released first ahead of Slow ring.

10130 ISO before Slow ring release.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am still having difficulties, understanding why Aul is constantly twittering, instead of keeping the much applauded (By MS) Insider site up to date with info. Even that forum has deteriorated into off subject discussions.
It is not your English, David, the wording is rather contradicting - maybe deliberately. As I read it, he is saying that they are awaiting further reports/complaints, regarding the Audio problem, before sending out an ISO. The ISO refers to an earlier statement of his, that ISOs would follow, on the slow ring, after bug fixing through the slow ring
But his third statement now overturns that. It now seems that it is the intention to send out future ISOs on the fast ring. As they have already hinted that the next will be the last, before the RTM, this has very little significance.

Ask a Question