SOLVED Unable to minimize MS Edge screens

Reaction score
I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. Today, all of a sudden I am unable to minimize any MS Edge page. Is there a fix that I can use?

Regedit32

Reaction score
I suspect that may be a new bug Microsoft needs to work on to resolve permanently.

In the meanwhile though a work-around would involve going into your Surface Pro settings and disabling tablet features which will likely improve the situation.

Reaction score
That does not work. I phrased my question incorrectly. Let me try again: I can minimize an MS Edge screen but when it is up it is full screen. I am unable to change the size of the screen which is the problem. I would like to be able to change the size of the MS Edge screen so I can open another MS application at the same time and I can view both.

I tried running this trouble shooter but it does not do anything. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/windows-run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I tried the MS Support Virtual Assistant but it does not understand "change the size of an MS Edge screen".

I have no problem changing the size of the screen with Mozilla but I really would like to be able to change the size of the screen on MS Edge.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ahh OK then.

If you left-click the grey area to the right of open tab & hold button down you should be able to move the Full screen window down enough to be able to see the top edge.
  • Hover mouse over top edge till you see the double-arrow then left click and drag down more to reduce its height.
  • Now left-click that grey area to the right of open tab & hold button down then move window to the right enough that you can now see the left edge of window.
  • Now hover mouse over left edge till you see the double-arrow then left-click & drag to right to reduce window width.
  • Once you've done this enough you'll be able to drag the right edge and/or bottom edge too.
  • When you are happy with the size you can then press Alt key + Space bar and you'll see a context menu where you can select Move which will cause a 4 arrow icon to appear over window which you can click and move up, down, left or right.

Alternatively, if you have Edge open full screen you should be able to press Windows key + the left or right Arrow key, to cause the full screen to take 1/2 of one side of screen, or if you prefer use the up or down arrow to cause the full screen to either use the top half of screen or bottom half.

You can then open a new instance of Edge, and press Windows key and the opposite Arrow to the one you previously chose to use to move first instance of Edge which will allow you to view both instance either side by side, or one above the other.

Regedit32

Reaction score
You're welcome EugeneJ.

Not sure which of my typing fingers attached that png file, bit I take it you noticed it had nothing to do with your post.

Ooops --- deleted the attachment now :D

Ask a Question