Unable to open native Start Bar items

Reaction score
Shortly after installation of Windows 10 I have stopped to be able to open Start Menu, Cortana or any native item in Start Bar (such as network connection), however this does not apply to custom Start Bar items. My dedicated keys for entering settings that are to be entered from Start Bar stopped working in that moment as well. Any ideas how to solve it?

Reaction score
Assuming right click at Start button still works ?
If yes, try the following..............................

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter > wait a bit.
At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this.........
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
> press Enter.
Ignore any error in red.
When finished, try Start Menu again.

Reaction score
Hello, yes right click still works and I have already tried that, however even after six hours of running this command didn´t finish and it seemed to be stucked so I aborted it.

Reaction score
Okay, so after to more tryouts of the command you have suggested it actually passed the whole process, however it ended in an error saying that higher version of the given package already exists and the start menu is still not working

Ask a Question