Unable to use Live account to log in

Reaction score
Hopefully I've got this in the right area. If not, please let me know and I can repost it. My boyfriend recently got himself a new computer for his schooling and gaming and redid his old gaming laptop for me to use since mine had died a few months ago (graphics didn't like the combo of Win 10 and me playing SWTOR lol). What he did was move his things off, create a 2nd user account in my name and made it administrator. With his account when he was using it, he had Win10 set up to where he used his live account to log into the computer. So, once he was done getting it ready for me, he went in and removed his user account, which left mine that didn't have a live account attached as the only admin. If I go into settings and try to attach my live account, it claims the laptop isn't connected to the internet. If I try to use Microsoft Edge, same result. Not connected to the internet. Xbox, Solitaire... all same thing as well. When I tried to get SWTOR to update with the latest patch, same thing. Not connected to the internet. BUT if I use Mozilla Firefox (which is what I'm doing to make this post), it's obviously connecting to the internet without any issues. If you need any other information, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check the installed programs for any third party security suite that is installed or has been installed on the system.
Avast, Avira, AVG, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, Vipre, Zone Alarm, etc., etc., etc.
Uninstall it or them, then....
Google for the vendor specific removal tool and run that, all the top tier vendors have one.
Just leave the native Defender product and Windows firewall for now.

Reaction score
Doing that will leave your computer exposed viruses and malware etc.

Ask a Question