Unidentified explorer problem.

Reaction score
Hello,
About 2 hours ago I've installed a new update on my W10. After reboot, I've encounter numerous strange problems.
Lets take a look at the screenshots:

As you can see, my DFX audio enhancer couldn't start, that can have something familiar with the fact, that today I've accidentaly hiden files in my /Users/User_name folder, but after few minutes undo it. The biggest problem is that I can't use the "windows" button, either on the task bar or from the keyboard. Plus there are some two misterious blank fields in between windows icon, explorer icon and chrome icon on the task bar. They can be clicked but it doesn't do anything, neither LMB or RMB. When I try to open task manager and close the explorer task just to restart it, task manager crashes before I can do anything (Brak odpowiedzi means no response). Next interesting fact which can help in diagnosing the problem is that I can't open any image in windows photo viewer which I was using until now. To provide You with these SSs I had to RMB->Edit and thus open it in paint. 2nd SS is just after some crash with the task bar which was self-repaired after few seconds, maybe >60.
I can add, that while starting PC there is a message "PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxy DHCP offers were received.", no idea what does it mean.
I didn't installed ANYTHING since about a month, so I would search for the problem in this update. Last update has taken off my desktop image, these "updates" don't seem to be well refined.

So devs, what can You say? I have to write my engineering thesis and I won't say that this trash is helping me.

Edit.
My friend had similar, but less irritating problem. After miracle self-update (which happened when he was asleep) none of his windows-like apps worked more. I mean those to view images, movies, pdf etc. Simply he installed other apps for those tasks. I can't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm, just a second ago I've discovered, that none of my shortcuts to folders from the task bar are working, even those to pictures desktop etc., see it on SS.

Message says "chosen element is not reachable. Maybe it has been moved, deleted ot changed name. Do you want to delete it from the list?"
Yeah, desktop folder removed... Cool Windows.

Edit: Whenever I click with RMB on anything, it freezes, I can still do other things on PC but the folder/desktop/anything with this file is unreachable. I can only view images in paint but cant RMB on rar archive or shortcut to msconfig.

Last edited:

Ask a Question