Unidentified network/ No internet access ethernet win10

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to this site i just signed up :)

I am hoping someone can help me?

I have been using a wireless connection but have decided its better for online gaming if i go wired/ethernet.

I am having a problem "unidentified network/ No internet access"

Now in the past with an xp pc i connected the ethernet cable and that was it i assumt there is some sort of set up i need to do for win10?

Also it may be worth letting you know i am not directly connected to the router via an ethernet cable, i am using the plug in things that sends the signal down the house electrical wires.

Maybe this is an issue although it wasnt on my xp pc.

Thanks

Graeme

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Now in the past with an xp pc i connected the ethernet cable and that was it
Should be the same with Windows 10
Also it may be worth letting you know i am not directly connected to the router via an ethernet cable, i am using the plug in things that sends the signal down the house electrical wires.
I've used these in the past and to be honest, haven't found them to be reliable. I've got a pair of them in my desk drawer which will probably ended up being binned at some point.
I guess we should probably start at the beginning.
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
ipconfig /all
hit enter
copy and paste the results into your next post.

Ask a Question