Universal Mouse Issues

Reaction score
I have tried using several different mice, like 4 so far, on my pc and they all have the exact same issues, one issue is when i use the mouse wheel to scroll sometimes it will work and sometimes it'll go the other way, and the other is when i'm moving the mouse sometimes it'll be at the right speed at sometimes it will slow down significantly. both issues happen far too often and are really getting in the way every time i use my computer. any help would be much appreciated, and if further details are needed i should be able to provide them.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Forum.

Some information that would help is knowing if there is a particular brand of mouse you are using, for example, Logitech. I'm assuming they were all wireless devices, but if you are using legacy PS/2 then let us know.

Also, what Windows Version and OS Build are you currently on: Start > Run > type winver and click OK

Finally, are you using a laptop or Desktop, and what brand, and model number is it.

Generally, though, such issues are all about the driver for the mouse, and it would be worth checking whether the manufacturer site is offering updated drivers for the device, so for example, if you were using a Logitech mouse, you'd go to http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads to search for potential updates.

If you are using a wireless mouse, another thing worth checking is whether the issue persists if you move the USB Wireless connector to a different USB port on your computer.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Forum.

Some information that would help is knowing if there is a particular brand of mouse you are using, for example, Logitech. I'm assuming they were all wireless devices, but if you are using legacy PS/2 then let us know.

Also, what Windows Version and OS Build are you currently on: Start > Run > type winver and click OK

Finally, are you using a laptop or Desktop, and what brand, and model number is it.

Generally, though, such issues are all about the driver for the mouse, and it would be worth checking whether the manufacturer site is offering updated drivers for the device, so for example, if you were using a Logitech mouse, you'd go to http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads to search for potential updates.

If you are using a wireless mouse, another thing worth checking is whether the issue persists if you move the USB Wireless connector to a different USB port on your computer.

Regards,

Regedit32

Thanks for the response Regedit32,

Because of this issue i have tried several mice, different brands but they've all been USB, only one of them was wireless.

My Windows version is 1703, OS Build 15063.483

My PC is a desktop, a dell precision 490

I have tried using 3 different ports but it didn't help.

Maybe i should note that last time one of my mice worked i had accidentally spilled a drink on it, i'm thinking perhaps that caused the mouse to send some bad signals to the PC or something like that?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well one mouse may need a little cleaning and drying, but that should not affect the other devices.

When you have a mouse connected to a USB port, what is displaying in the Device Manager?
  • right-click on Start and select Device Manager
Is there any indication the mouse is not working properly such as a icon of a yellow triangle, or a message in the properties window of the Mouse Device listed?

Also, is it showing you the correct driver for your mouse there?

Also, are there any indications of issues with your USB ports? Or any other hardware on your computer?

Reaction score
In device manager it's listed as ELECOM USB Mouse, though the mouse i currently am using is an Azza mouse.

Device manager says the device is working properly

How could i tell if it's the correct mouse driver?

All of my USB ports have been working for other things like flash drives and wireless dongles.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hmm that is strange.

Perhaps you need to:
  • uninstall mouse from Device Manager
  • shutdown computer
  • restart computer to allow your Azza mouse to be detected
  • then once signed-in check Device Manager to see whether its dealt with grabbing the correct driver

I'm not familiar with Azza myself, but on google I found this site: http://www.azza-tek.com/m/home.php
  • But when you click Products > Mouse it has a bubble that says Coming Soon
  • Using the site's search field found no results for drivers
  • So not sure about this. Perhaps your packaging that came with mouse has details on where to go or a manual, or maybe even a driver disk?

Reaction score
Followed the steps you posted, i checked the driver and it reverted to a driver it used before i updated it, the issue still persists though.

I haven't heard of the brand prior to having this mouse, i got the mouse from a buddy because my other mice had this issue.
Also, prior to spilling on my other mouse my driver was still just the default driver, which it is now.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Did this issue occur with the previous OS Build 15063.448 ?

If not, maybe you'll have to revert back to that until the current OS Build is made more stable.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well unfortunately, I'm out of ideas.

Perhaps someone else in our Forum is more familiar with Azza Mouse devices and will know what to do.

Ask a Question