SOLVED Unresponsive system

Reaction score
This is not about Windows 10 but I was hoping that you could shed some light on my problem. I loaded a Windows 7 OS and updated it and installed the drivers. Every thing works but is generally unresponsive. I click on any thing and the circular symbol spins for several minutes and at the top of the page it says "not responding" but finally responds.
I ran sfc /scannow with no problems noted. I even reloaded it after formatting the hard drive and have the same result.

Reaction score
This is not about Windows 10 but I was hoping that you could shed some light on my problem. I loaded a Windows 7 OS and updated it and installed the drivers. Every thing works but is generally unresponsive. I click on any thing and the circular symbol spins for several minutes and at the top of the page it says "not responding" but finally responds.
I ran sfc /scannow with no problems noted. I even reloaded it after formatting the hard drive and have the same result.
Did you install SP1 and is it activated?

Reaction score
I loaded a disk which was supposed to be Windows 7 Home Service pack 1 so I assumed it was but after looking, I saw it was not. So I went to Updates to address the problem and it had the update with Service pack 1 waiting. I loaded it and it solved the problem or at least 99%. I noticed a failure to respond when logging in to this site but am marking this post solved. Thanks for your help.

I also was not activated. I had been but forgot to do that when I reloaded the OS. I am activated now.

Reaction score
Actually, the Windows 7 was still not responding often but better than before. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 and now it is working perfectly plus it is a much more functional.

Ask a Question