Unwanted MP3 opens inside another program

Reaction score
My computer keeps opening a default MP3 player inside another open program (squareview Squaredance program). When I play a song from inside my program, a second copy of the music file opens in a new window and the music is playing two copies of the music at the same time. I have changed the default from groove to windows media player but it opens the second music file anyway. I have contacted the creator of squareview and he has never run across this problem. I have completely removed and reinstalled the program but still have the same result. I have copied the program to another computer, ales with Windows 10 and it works fine. It only does this with a few music files, not all. I can quickly close the second music file and keep squareview playing.. Annoying. Can't find a way to completely disable the default MP3 player. Everything is up to date. What now??

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
First thought is malware/spyware or a Trojan/Rootkit......which are all known to cause this type of issue. I'd check your system for any of that.

Ask a Question