SOLVED Unwanted widget on desktop

Reaction score
Let me first start by saying that i just bought a 48" sanyo tv. I also have decided to use it as an extended
display for my dell inspiron 5558 connected via HDMI. Ever since connecting it as my extended display i have had this
lite blue clock at the bottom middle of my desktop, i have done endless research on how to correct the issue to no avail.
Attached is a picture as to which i am referring. I am desperate as to how to remove this and would
greatly appreciate your expertise on the matter.

Sincerely, x-Impulse-x

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    871.4 KB · Views: 454
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    871.4 KB · Views: 422
Reaction score
Have you been through all the TV setup screens to see if this is a TV thing? I have had W10 using a big TV as a monitor via HDMI ( Not Sanyo) and the only artifact I have had is new Nvidia drivers on W10 overscanning the TV a bit.

Reaction score
Have you been through all the TV setup screens to see if this is a TV thing? I have had W10 using a big TV as a monitor via HDMI ( Not Sanyo) and the only artifact I have had is new Nvidia drivers on W10 overscanning the TV a bit.
its not a tv problem because its behind my rocketdock, and just to be sure i have checked all the tv settings

Reaction score
Are you using RainMeter to display those stats in the top-left? If so, the clock looks to be part of the skin:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started/basic-tutorials/clock/

ok so after some time of checking and double checking all of my clock.ini files and an hour and a half of time passed i came across a file name interface.ini (obviously a custom skin i download where the creator forgot to name the file)and sure enough the clock disappeared upon disabling it.. you had me convinced it had something to do with rainmeter, and it was.. much appreciated

Ask a Question