Update 1151 10586 Stuck at 93%

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an issue with the latest Win10 update so thought I'd come here to see if anyone can help.
I have a brand new PC and installed windows 10 home edition from a purchased windows USB. I'm trying to update to 1151 10586 but the installer gets stuck at 93%. I've tried twice with the same result and have left it at 93% for a few hours. Looking online it seems a few others have had a similar problem but I can't yet see the solution? I've disabled the fast boot function at the suggestion of another thread, which didn't help. Any help would be appreciated.

Just on a side note, I've only had Win10 for a few days but have encountered many bugs. The installation of a second SSD caused a 'windows automatic repair' restart loop leading me to reinstall windows, External USB HDD and flash drives don't show up in explorer, a few times the computer would stay on after shutting down (fixed), graphics card has stopped responding and recovered a few times. Oh man.

Reaction score
Suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps, if it does not work, ask Microsoft online, maybe someone will help you.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I actually just tried Microsoft online and they sorted the problem straight away. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem I'd suggest doing the same, they were very helpful.

Reaction score
Fixed my install
my refresh from c drive install got hung up at 93% for over an hour. Reading the advice to disable peripherals I disconnected the surface keyboard (didn't think this would do anything) and the install completed immediately. Keyboard works fine too.

Reaction score
Fixed my install
my refresh from c drive install got hung up at 93% for over an hour. Reading the advice to disable peripherals I disconnected the surface keyboard (didn't think this would do anything) and the install completed immediately. Keyboard works fine too.

This was my problem too. I was at 93% for about 13 hours. I unplugged the wireless mouse receiver, and presto! It continued the installation!

Ask a Question