update 1607

Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Michael Bell, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Michael Bell

Michael Bell

does an one know what it was about thought they tested anniversary before it was released ? One thing that happens on some up date and builds yet to be fixed. When my computer re starts on the task bar a icon always is not there mostly battery meter. I know what to do right click blank spot on task bar / look for explorer exe./ end task / run new task / explorer exe. But you would think that would be fixed after 12 months .
    thanks
    Michael

Michael Bell, Aug 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Michael Bell

Jake B

The insiders test all Windows 10 updates before they are released to the public.

Jake B, Aug 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Michael Bell

Been There

The trouble with these Windows 10 insider tests, are just that...someone playing around with their computer. I signed up as a Insider, and I can vouch that on a scale of 1- to 100, I'm about "zero" on how to test computer software. Now you know the rest of the story.

Been There, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Michael Bell

Jake B

I was an insider and i used the computer the same way I use it as a non-insider. The thing is whenever you turn the computer on you are using the OS. Anything you do uses the OS.

Jake B, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Michael Bell

Tim Locke

I am an Insider and I tested these things I use. I found that by early spring this year all the normal stuff worked fine on a laptop and a desktop. But I don't use Skype, games, MS maps, IE, Bing, Cortana....just the regular old s/w like Chrome, Firefox, Office. I am sure I saved myself a LOT of grief as I don't use any mail products from MS!

Tim Locke, Aug 11, 2016
    Deborah40 and WillyBo like this.
  6. Michael Bell

Jake B

When I was an insider I used the PC the same as I do now. If I found interesting things I would try them. I did my normal stuff when I was an insider. I tested VPN to work and other things.

Jake B, Aug 16, 2016
  7. Michael Bell

dob

i was an insider and every new release seemed to fix a problem i had. install public 10 on a laptop and it never updated unless I used the iso on a usb. anniversary release wouldn't update either and froze constantly. This also occurred when I upgraded my desktop to the anniversary edition. I have spent countless hours going thru fixes and so far nothing has worked, (outside of a host of other issues). so I solved the problem with 10 by putting both computers back to 8.1. Gee, everything updates without a hitch and no freezing. (outside of a host of other issues). I can't recall when i last saw a 100% when updating. 5 folks I ran into last week had similar things with 10: 2 bought macs, 2 installed Linux mint and 1 went back to 7. I'm constantly amazed that some folks seem to have no problems. This makes windows 3.1 seem fantastic. Maybe I'll upgrade in a year or two if they ever fix the issues. They didn't listen to me when I said they needed a lite version. oh well. Have fun people!!!!

dob, Sep 3, 2016
  8. Michael Bell

denis lacroix

its crazy because i have installed windows 10 on more than hundred computers and its working fine? and since windows 3.1 its the best os i see ... even mac or linux its less safest

denis lacroix, Sep 9, 2016
  9. Michael Bell

Jake B

I haven't iinstalled it 100 times but over 10 and I had no issues either.

Jake B, Sep 9, 2016
  10. Michael Bell

dob

I'm glad to see some folks are having a fine time with this. I know many installations go off without a hitch. Sadly mine did not. I know MS is keeping tabs on the number of win 10 downloads, I wonder if they're keeping a tally of folks who download and then abandon windows 10? Probably not..As I said, I do like 10 and will probably try again later or perhaps on the purchase of a new ssd (may it didn't like my samsungs). lol. Good computing folks!!!

dob, Sep 14, 2016
  11. Michael Bell

Tim Locke

Tim Locke, Sep 14, 2016
  12. Michael Bell

Happy Gil

I just joined about a wk ago, I'am realizing that the newest update (Anniversary 1607) is causing headaches
    for many users, the configuration of settings was entirely re-arranged, many users I would imagine LOST their
    pre-set Settings as I did. It was more like the entire OS was altered, and many have complained about losing
    their profile add-ons (if I can call it that).What's going on ? Updates are suppose to make things better, and not
    worse.

Happy Gil, Sep 14, 2016
  13. Michael Bell

Stevekir

I'm not a techie expert, but I guess that MS wanted to make many significant improvements to W10 as a result of a year's experience. The aim was probably to make W10 a much more powerful and feature-rich OS. I think they have succeeded. Until last year I was on an Apple Mac since 1996 which is fabled for it's power, features and ease of use. In my opinion, W10 post-Anniversary is now comparable in those respects to Apple.

Inevitably, inconvenience was caused to many as a result of the changes, although MS could have worked harder to explain these rather than leaving people to find, annoyingly, something they used a lot had disappeared, either completely or to some other unknown place.

ADDED: My tech guy told me that older computers are being stretched by W10 post-Anniversay, (because it is more powerful) and that might be a reason for some of the difficulties. (I don't know what "newer" means in this context - any machine older than 3 to 4 years perhaps).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Stevekir, Sep 14, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question