SOLVED Update 1709 made my mouse lag and stutter

Reaction score
Today when the Win 10 1709 Update downloaded; my mouse has lagged and stuttered and it is very frustrating. Also when I type the cursor also lags. I tried a 'Revert to an earlier time' but that did not help. Is there a fix I can apply?

Reaction score
It frequently helps to know about the hardware that is involved in the problem, such as computer specs, type of mouse connection to the computer, etc. One diagnostic is to shut the computer down, reach behind it and pull the power cord out, remove the mouse and keyboard connection, wait several seconds then plug them back in and try again. With Notebooks it may help to also remove the battery [if possible].

Reaction score
It frequently helps to know about the hardware that is involved in the problem, such as computer specs, type of mouse connection to the computer, etc. One diagnostic is to shut the computer down, reach behind it and pull the power cord out, remove the mouse and keyboard connection, wait several seconds then plug them back in and try again. With Notebooks it may help to also remove the battery [if possible].

Reaction score
My Computer spec are:
ASUS Desktop Computer G11 Series G11CD-US007T – PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7 6700 (3.4 GHz) - MEMORY : 16 GB DDR4 -- HARD DRIVE: 2 TB HDD SATA -- 8 GB SSD -- GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB -- OPERATING SYS: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
I use a Logitech Mouse and a Microsoft Keyboard.

I did as you suggested: ie; I did a Hard Shutdown of the computer and unplugged the mouse and keyboard plugs: then replugged them. (I tried a different mouse but the problem still existed. I also uninstalled the latest Windows Update then I let it reinstall, and it seems to have helped although there is still a lag at times of both the mouse and the keyboard. But at least for now I can use my computer.

Reaction score
Hopefully, I found the solution to my Computer problem that started after I downloaded the March 13, 2018—KB4088776 (OS Build 16299.309) Win Update. After I downloaded the Update my Computer (Specs listed above) ran so slow and my Mouse and Keyboard were so sluggish I had to wait and wait for them to be ready for the next command.

After many unsuccessful fixes I tried, I finally came across this solution.

Go to SETTINGS > Update and Settings > Advanced Options > Click on Troubleshoot (on left edge of window)
I ran a Troubleshoot on Windows Update - It found 3 problems; I had to run this twice before all three problems were fixed. I also ran a Troubleshoot on- Hardware and Devices; 1 problem was fixed: I also ran Troubleshoot on Keyboard.
After running the Troubleshoot I am not having any problem with the Mouse and Keyboard or Computer lagging.

Nij

Reaction score
I've got the mouse lag and video stutter started after I updated it, sigh

Ask a Question