SOLVED update kb3176938

Reaction score
since downloading update kb3176938 I have had a few problems with edge and windows solitaire collection. First edge it regularly freezes for no reason then windows repair box comes up and fixes it scroll down the page and it freezes again this can go on like this for 4 to 5 minutes, switching of edge then on again seems to help but after awhile it freezes again. Windows solitaire same sort of thing press the app windows solitaire comes up on screen but frozen tried to get it going but it stays frozen, found that if I go on the net which now also freezes then try solitaire it works. Had no problems with edge before update so do I uninstall the update or Waite and see if another update comes along to fix that update. Windows 10 updates to fix updates to fix updates to infinity my mind boggles at the thought.gothy.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I do not use Solitaire so I'll leave that to someone else in forum to deal with.

I do use Edge though and have not noticed any freeze issues following KB3176938.

Can you explain what you mean by freeze please? Do you mean Edge freezes completely; i.e. will not open or open new tab? Or is the page you are viewing stuttering / freezing as you attempt to scroll down it?

If the latter I have experienced that several months ago and worked out a solution that resolved that for me and am happy to share that here.

If not the latter, but rather the former, then don't forget Microsoft Edge is a core part now of the Windows 10 OS meaning if there are any System file corruptions Edge may display issues such as your current one; in which case your best bet to resolve it would be to:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control dialog pops up click Yes
  • In the Administrator:Command Prompt console that opens type SFC /SCANNOW then press Enter key

If you discover any issues this way that are not repaired report back as you may then need to use DISM to resolve those.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply its the former edge just stops can not scroll up or down can not even exit edge. Will try sfc/ scannow and see if that fixes it gothy.

Reaction score
did sfc/scannow,nothing found but after scan everything seems to be running fine, was it just a glitch on my pc.gothy

Ask a Question