SOLVED Update not working

Reaction score
i went to the update section of the settings panel and found that there was a defender update from the 16th Jan waiting to be installed. I tried clicking on advanced options to install it and the panel locked up. after further attempts I find I can alter the hours but not access the history or the advanced options both action causes the panel to lock up. I have run the update troubleshooter both as user and admin and this just goes into a cycle of 'checking for pending restart' and does nothing. I have also tried the troubleshooter from the microsoft support site with the same result. any suggestions please. It would appear that there has been no checking for updates since the 16th Jan as this is the last thing mentioned.

Reaction score
Sorted, after trying all the solutions i could find on the web without result I gave up. On going to shut down the machine I accidentally clicked restart instead of shutdown, it took ages to restart but when it did the updates system was back to normal..???So it has sorted things out for itself.

Ask a Question