SOLVED Update On Update 1607

Reaction score
got cheesed of with trying every thing to get 1607 installed phoned Microsoft on Thursday they said that a number of people were having the same problem as me and could they take over my pc to try and sort it out I said ok and 45 minutes later with lots trying he had to give up and said a class 2 or 3 technician would try again on Friday.so on Friday at 9.45am new guy starts trying to sort it out and over 1 hour later his verdict phoning me on Monday morning to do a clean install of windows 10 with update 1607.but he said there is a chance that tis might not work, .He wanted to do the clean install on Friday but I told him I needed to back up my files to a portable hard drive so Monday its will it or wont it work. But and hear is the but while backing up my files found out that windows 10 had wiped the activation code for office 2010 checked with key gen no windows 7 or office 2010 codes office 2010 was a down load in 2010 so have I still got the code I don't know just used key gen when transferring it to new pc.as i had not used office for some time looked and this is what came up a box with Microsoft office professional plus 2010. this copy of Microsoft is not activated .this copy of Microsoft office is designed for corporate or institutional customers. Now I know that there has been some 2010 office updates in the last couple of months has Microsoft downloaded the wrong update. By having this on my pc could it be causing the problem any thoughts on it but will ask on Monday and iwant my office 2010 back.gothy.sorry about the long rant.

Reaction score
uninstalled office and reinstalled windows 10 keeping my stuff and it worked version 1607 up and running.How office professional plus2010 got on to my pc had to be a windows update.will tell the tec guy tomorrow.gothy

Ask a Question