SOLVED Update yesterday causing problems

Reaction score
Starting up is a nightmare. I have to restart several times before my password is accepted. The start up might then go through the blue screen bit where Microsoft tells us there are some very interesting things to discover, very, very, slowly. Other times it goes straight into the Windows view. Moving around is much slower than before the update, which took over an hour to complete, and my provider is Virgin so download speed is not a problem. I'm very disappointed with this major update from Microsoft. Is there a fix or a backstep?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From the way you describe your experience, it sounds like you just got the November 1511 update to build 10586.
There are some additional updates that you should check to see if they are available by running Windows Update manually.
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK
See what you're currently running. If completely up to date it should look like this

Capture2.JPG

Reaction score
From the way you describe your experience, it sounds like you just got the November 1511 update to build 10586.
There are some additional updates that you should check to see if they are available by running Windows Update manually.
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK
See what you're currently running. If completely up to date it should look like this

View attachment 2164
Hi Trouble
I have had another update and everything seems to have settled down. Had a look at the build info and it is as you said. Thanks for the pointer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next few days.

Steve

Ask a Question