SOLVED Updates do not arrive Windows 10

Reaction score
My automatic updates do not arrive, this has been going on for about two weeks. I read something about a Windows Update troubleshooter, but when I downloaded it, did not ever see a box to install it. May try again later if I can find the link again. I have been getting some updates throu a third party.

Considering a Reset Windows. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regedit32

Reaction score
The Update Troubleshooter is built into Windows 10 now.

To get to it:
  • Press Windows key and S key together to give focus to the Search box
  • In the Search box type Troubleshooting then press Enter key

This will open the following window

Untitled.png

• If you click the View all in the left pane then you will see this window

Untitled2.png
Either way you can run a Windows Update troubleshoot without needing to download any further tools.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regedit Good advice!
I'm sure using the troubleshooting tool will resolve the problem. Also If you are using wireless check in settings "Internet and WiFi" how updates are delivered and check if "Metered" connection is turned ON.

Reaction score
I ran the troubleshooter in the manner outlined above. The troubleshooter "could not identify the problem." Ran as administrator with exact results.

Will give the update a couple of days to arrive. When they did arrive previously, it was never on the date listed in any information.

Thank you.

Reaction score
My updates were available late Tuesday afternoon. Downloaded and installed without incident.

Thank You.

Ask a Question