Updates Failing

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Without any information regarding your device or even the version / build of Windows 10 you are currently running, the only thing I might suggest is that perhaps you could benefit from performing an In-Place Upgrade / Repair.

Reaction score
Without any information regarding your device or even the version / build of Windows 10 you are currently running, the only thing I might suggest is that perhaps you could benefit from performing an In-Place Upgrade / Repair.

Reaction score
I am using Window 10, 1903. Until the last few updates, all was well. Am not very tech oriented - is this hard to do or likely to result in problems?
Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally speaking it is relatively harmless.
It works pretty much like a typical upgrade.
Your accounts, programs, drivers, etc., should all remain intact.
HOWEVER
As with any major undertaking that involves the Operating System it is always a good idea to make sure you have all your critical data backed up. I always recommend imaging the disc involved so as to have a strong fall back position just to protect against any unintended results.

Personally, I've done several with no adverse results
BUT
You can never be 100% sure

Reaction score
I finally tried your suggestion today doing a repair upgrade with no adverse effects. However, it did not solve my problems and updates still will not install.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type or paste the following into the "Run" box and click "OK".

msdt.exe /id WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Ben

Reaction score
Best option is to use "Reset this PC". Click on start and type "reset this pc", click on it and follow the steps.

Reaction score
Always worth a try to go back to basic problem solving
Settings - Update - (on the left -) Troubleshoot
Scroll down, in the left window, to "Get up and running - Windows Update"

Reaction score
Updates have kept failing until past the support date. Troubleshooting results in the screenshot below. What now?
1575122642739.png
1575122642739.png

Reaction score
Ok. You have come in on athread with someone elses problem! What version of Windows 10 are you using and how did it all begin - any more informative detail will help

Reaction score
I was subscribed to this thread because I had experienced a similar problem; I thought this was the thread where I had last posted my own details. I am sorry if this is disruptive; I've just implemented the last suggestion on this thread and it had failed, so I thought other suggestions might help me as well. I have WIndows 10 ending support in November. I've been trying to update/upgrade for over a year.
1575123895688.png

Reaction score
Ok. Not a problem.
In view of the fact that the troubleshooter found several problems, but was unable to fix them, I would reccomend a fresh install.

Ask a Question