Updates!

Reaction score
I spend extra cash on a hi-res display - what do Windows do make it go all fuzzy when I log in - why?
It's also about time they learnt to count, the updates install and up comes the message "100 % complete" - what happens next? I wait another 5 minutes before I can use the PC therefore it's not "100%" complete. Very frustrating.

Reaction score
Hi Lewis,

first off, the updates always take their time due mostly to the MS anti virus tool scans running in the background after it updates!.

Second, if your hi-res display is giving you problems, check in Settings > System > Display and check that your settings are set to "Recommended"!. :)

1596744117183.png

Reaction score
Yeah I don't like the fuzzy login background either. But it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

Reaction score
It seems that the display driver is not compatible with the hardware.
Follow these steps to update the driver for that Hi-res monitor and you are good to go:
  1. In the search box on the taskbar, enter the device manager, then select Device Manager.
  2. Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you'd like to update.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  4. Select Update Driver.

Ask a Question