Upgrade issues

Reaction score
Attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 problem after PC configures Windows 10 shuts down and does a reboot. Get as far as showing the black screen with the windows 10 icon and locks up. There were no errors or problems up to that point. If I try to manually shut down the pc and reboot it goes back to Windows 7.

Reaction score
It might be a blessing in disguise.
There are countless users having issues using Windows 10.
It might be prudent to wait for MS to get things sorted out first before you jump in.
You have until July 28th, 2016 to get a free upgrade to Win 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I suppose there are any number of potential issues both hardware and software that might be preventing the upgrade.
Personally I think I would take that as an omen and simply delay until a later date.

Reaction score
I also upgraded my laptop but loaded it from a USB drive and that loaded ok but it did take out my display driver. Once I got that resolved it has been working fine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Everyone I'm sure has some success stories as well as some horror stories.
Personally I've had excellent results from the upgrade as well as a couple subsequent clean installs, but.....
I'm currently working on one for a friend right now that is caught in a loop, he had some problems with Windows 10 that annoyed him so he decided to roll his install back to Windows 7 Pro and now the machine is caught in a "reverting your system back", loop. Spins for a minute or two and reboots and the process starts again.

Unfortunately we don't hear to many of the success stories here on the forum. People come here that are having issues.
Not much reason to post and say.... Hey, everything went just fine.
But I'm certain there are hundreds of thousand out there.
Windows 10 is now installed on over 50 million devices worldwide.
Surely there are a couple of those 50 million running just fine.
SOURCE: http://www.winbeta.org/news/there-are-now-over-50-million-people-using-windows-10-worldwide

Reaction score
Running Win10 on a Toshiba Qosmio F60, all's well except for the update service, there is a persistent error and BITS refuses to start

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 556
  • winupdate repair.png
    winupdate repair.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 596

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you run the native System File Checker?
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
Type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
see what that produces.

Reaction score
Have you run the native System File Checker?
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
Type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
see what that produces.
thank you for coming back, yes I have run the sfc/scannow both at elevated admin in windows and in safe mode .. came back clear no problems there .

Ask a Question