SOLVED Upgrade to Win10 vers. 1511 fails on install.

Reaction score
System has downloaded this upgrade 4 times but it always fails to install. Also, KB3103688 IE Flash Player fix fails on install, and KB3105213 Cume. Update fails on install, and KB3106932 Update to Win10 fails on update, These have all been downloaded 4 or more times by Automatic Update, but don't make it through install. Anyone else having problems? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
You can try using the information you already have regarding the KB######## and download them manually.
For instance
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3106932
You should use IE as the Microsoft Update Catalog always seems to work best with it.
After some further checking, I found that a switch I had selected in my anti-virus/anti-spyware program was preventing some changes to some system files. I turned that off and everything went smoothly. All done. Thanks for your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting can you provide more details about the name of the software and the switch that needed setting.
I might want to purchase it in the future, should I want to stifle Windows Updates, sounds like an option.

Reaction score
Software is Max Spyware Detector. Switch is located in the Max Shield options. I have used this product for 6 years and have been extremely pleased with its performance and effectiveness, as well as the price. As far as blocking Windows updates, it was not blocking updates, just updates to System32 files and causing certain updates to fail.

I would also recommend Max Registry Cleaner.

Ask a Question