SOLVED Upgraded but can't log on!!

Reaction score
I finally upgraded to W10...upgrade went smoothly and at no time during the process was I asked to input a password. When the upgrade was finished the first screen asked for a password. I put in the password that I had been using for the welcome screen on W7 but it was not accepted.

Does anyone know how I can either create a new P/W or get past this welcome screen.
Hope someone can help...it really is Black Friday!!!
Thank you
Kate M

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you used the "eye" icon to confirm that your password is being entered exactly as you are typing it (case sensitive)
Have you tried using the Ease of Access Icon to launch the On Screen Keyboard to use that to input your password.
Do you see any icons or other indicators on the screen suggesting a reference to "Language"
Are you certain that you are being prompted for a password for the correct user account, is there any option usually near the bottom left to select another user, or click a link indicating "not me" or "I'm not?

Reaction score
Have you used the "eye" icon to confirm that your password is being entered exactly as you are typing it (case sensitive)
Have you tried using the Ease of Access Icon to launch the On Screen Keyboard to use that to input your password.
Do you see any icons or other indicators on the screen suggesting a reference to "Language"
Are you certain that you are being prompted for a password for the correct user account, is there any option usually near the bottom left to select another user, or click a link indicating "not me" or "I'm not?

Hello, Trouble

Thank you so much.....it was simply the Language question. It had been set to English UK previously so I assumed it would be still be UK.

Regards
Kate M

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Cool.... glad you got it sorted.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.

Ask a Question