Upgraded to W 10 and now scanner will not work.

Reaction score
I have an HP Officejet 6700 All-In-One printer which is connected online, no USB. The unit has been printing and scanning up I until I upgraded to Windows 10. The printer still works but I can not scan. I tried doing the command prompt "SFC /scannow" but the system could not find any problems.

Reaction score
Yes I tried it. Unplugged my printer and plugged back in and restarted comp as directed and it still says that it can't find it. Aggravation.

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading the "HP Scan and Capture" program from the MS Store.

And does your printer appear in Device as HP 6700 and as HPxxxxxx which is some internal netbios name? My HP 7520 does both and the scanning used the HPxxxxxx name under W10. Don't know why

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
connected online, no USB
By "online" I assume you mean you are connecting to the printer wirelessly?
Unfortunately the default port that Windows uses when connecting to a wireless printer is no overly robust and may not support wireless scanning.
AND
Even sometimes, the wireless port that the HP software installs may not do a particularly good job either.
Typically when I deal with wireless printers I always add and configure a static IP address for them through the onboard printer panel TCP/IP settings and then I add that IP address as a printer port and use that explicitly for wireless printing.

Reaction score
Interesting. I also assign my printer a static IPV4 address but that is it. It works reliably via wifi

Reaction score
I am not tech savvy enough to play around with IP addresses and ports at this time. I may play around with it after the holidays. The printer is close enough to plug it into the computer for now. I will just leave my wife's computer connection as wireless and deal with the wire on mine. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question