Upgraded to Windows 10, Cant use anything "Microsoft" like Store or Apps, or Login...

Reaction score
Just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I cannot get on the STORE i get error code 0x80072EFD. I am not able to sign in my Microsoft Account, I pretty much cant do ANYTHING that is a new addition and ran by MICROSOFT. I have all updates downloaded... Was hoping i could send in bug errors but i cant, and restarted many times, no fixes, its been days. I am highly considering reverting back to 7....

Reaction score
3.jpg

This is trying to sign into a Microsoft Account...

1.jpg

This is trying to use the store....

2.jpg

This is trying to use the E-Mail and set an account...

4.jpg

And this when i chose to close out...

Reaction score
Yea it seemed that it does not recognize im connected to the internet.... but down by the clock i am..... it shows all my wifi available, browsers let me on....

Ill try to disconnect wifi then re connect, and ill even try to Ethernet cable in and see if it changes, if not i dont know what to do....

Reaction score
Nothing is working so far, but yes, it is showing the apps are "not connected to the internet." Im trying many fixes now....

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? Ive tried every write up and tutorial i can find, nothing is working. And the tools and utilities i think i need to use are only windows 8-8.1 compatible at the most....

Reaction score
This fixed it for me...

open internet explorer....
  1. type "Internet Options" and click on the Internet Options in the result - the Internet Options window should pop up.
  2. Select 'Advanced' tab.
  3. Take the scrollbar to bottom and mark these options:
    • Use SSL 2.0
    • Use SSL 3.0
    • Use TSL 1.0
    • Use TSL 1.1
    • Use TSL 1.2
  4. Click 'Ok' button.
I was then able to switch from local account to microsoft account without any errors.

Reaction score
Unfortunately this fix doesn't work for me. I've been having the same problem and have run out of ideas. Have tried signing up to insider builds, have tried adding an additional user and signing into something there. I just continuously get the error "something went wrong" when I click on sign into Microsoft account instead. Can't use any of the apps at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
You mentioned your ethernet connection. Have you tried it yet?
You could also try the built in troubleshooter for your internet connection.
Also, going back to basics. Have you tried clicking the internet icon on the taskbar and seeing if you have established the connection.

Reaction score
I keep getting that error if I try to sign into any of the apps saying I don't have an internet connection, but I clearly do because I'm using it now on the laptop upgraded to windows 10. Read in a forum that I need to sign into a Microsoft account to counteract that issue...but clearly that isn't working out for me either! Have tried troubleshooting the connection and windows 10 is fully updated

Reaction score
Signing in, with an MS account or other, has nothing remotely to do with your internet connection, but does have a problem with the Apps.
But maybe the goalposts have moved a little.
You indicated in your first posts that you were not able to sign, and the subsequent report stated no internet connection.
The fact that you can use another(?) computer successfully, is not connected with the posted problem.

P.S. You are signed in with a local account, correct?

Reaction score
I am signed in with a local account. I didn't make the original post :)

However it actually is part of the same problem. I cant get on any of the apps because it says there is a problem with the internet connection (which there obviously isn't because I'm using the exact same computer now). when you troubleshoot apps in windows it says you need to sign in with an ms account to remove the problem.

When I try to sign in with my my account I get the "something went wrong" error message and can't sign in. anywhere. The main problem I have is that I can't sign into my ms account hence this is the correct thread. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Sorry, I did not refer back to the original post. With two more contributors, it has become a little confusing.

Reaction score
many have the MSA account issue. some have fixed by
1. insert the media for Windows 10
2. restart the computer and boot to media
3. chose upgrade and when ask chose MSA to login (MSA=microsoft service account

Ask a Question