Upgraded to Windows 10 - Now no clock on taskbar

Reaction score
Hello all; I upgraded to windows 10 myself, and it was a disaster. Took my laptop to a computer repair shop.

I had several viruses. They removed viruses and cleaned up the computer. Then had email problem. They fixed that.

Only problem, I have no clock on taskbar. I previously had windows 7 on this laptop. Also I had the timekeeper program so I could have seconds display on the clock.

I had them remove "Timekeeper" because it doesn't work in windows 10. Maybe they deleted the clock too.

I did find a tweak, where I can click on a shortcut on the desktop, and the analog clock appears on the screen. It works.

But I still need a clock on the taskbar. BTW, all taskbar icons are set to "on" and "small"

Can anyone help me have a clock on the taskbar????

Thanks for any and all replies!! Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, FL

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum Tom.
Click the Start Button and select Settings
Click the System Icon
Select Notifications & Actions from the left colum
Select Turn System Icons on or off
Slide the Clock Slider to the Right = ON

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might try the System File Checker and see if that helps
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
let it run and see what it produces.

Reaction score
If Trouble's suggestion doesn't do the trick, try the old fashioned method. Right click the Start button and select the >>Control panel.
Select "date and Time"
Now, two thing you can try.
1. "Change Date and Time" Change this to any other random date and then back to the correct date. This has been known to do the trick
2. Select the "Additional Clocks" tab. Make sure you have your time zone set correctly and , in both instances, select the square "Show this clock"

Ask a Question