upgraded to windows ten and it wont let me log in? wrong email,password etc and cant get passed that

Reaction score
HI,I upgraded to windows 10 on a dell laptop, it came up succesful with my name still on the welcome screen however when i put in my password or emails it says they are wrong however i have heard of other people having this problem and putting in their old email addresses and passwords so tried that but i have never ever saved any passwords or emails when they ask. Im not that tech savy and iv had to borrow friends laptop just for this. If anyone can help me or even tell me way to get it off (though have tryd f12 boot) i would be ever so grateful. My number is 07456 888111 or text and will call you back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE somebody help as i need this for University and cant afford to put it in shop, many thanks

Reaction score
STUARTTENNANT wrong email,password etc and cant get passed that
    • Stuart I had similar issues and found that when I exited Windows 10 for some unknown reason the NUM LOCK function was disabled. This means that IF you used the NUM LOCK pad to sign in as part of your sign in procedure you are certain to have issues if indeed the NUM Lock has been disabled.
    • I would check this and also any other features regards your keyboard to make sure what you are typing is correct - I spent hours convinced that I was sign in correctly until I found the NUM LOCK issue.
    • Good luck

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Try this fix just found on another forum
(1) Go to your lock screen.
(2) On the bottom, right side you should have 3 icons. Click on the middle one (ease of access).
(3) Now find and click on the "on screen keyboard".
(4) A keyboard will come up on your screen.
(5) Enter your pass word by clicking your mouse on each letter or number, click enter and your in!
(6) It worked for the guy who posted it

Reaction score
you can also default to repair this computer --> then to command prompt --> netplwiz and then change the password or delete.

Ask a Question