Upgrading from 7 to 10 problems

Reaction score
Dear forum how are you guys, guys please help me before I lose my mind, I have win 7 64 and force upgraded to win 10 for the 6th time the first few times I've encountered driver problems and now the main problem I'm facing Is once I upgrade successful to 10 everything seems fine the min I restart none of my connected devices work mouse keyboard WiFi adapter ect, I can't do anything...happened 4 times now, I keep rolling back to win 7 cause I have no choice....help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Next time you upgrade, check Windows Update in the settings utility and see if there are updates pending.

Reaction score
You have a few choices. 1. Let the auto update process work which is slow. 2 Restart. 3. Create backups and go to Wipe everything. Only problem with that is you will not be able to go back to 7. I have 2 PCs with one that was 8.1 which needed me to change everything to get to work right and other was 7. 7 did better since the 8.1 went from 7-8-8.1-10. Since I redid 10 on 8.1 all problems went away so now the Laptop that had 7 on it is now being redone.

Reaction score
Next time you upgrade, check Windows Update in the settings utility and see if there are updates pending.
OK I will and if they are what do I do?
You have a few choices. 1. Let the auto update process work which is slow. 2 Restart. 3. Create backups and go to Wipe everything. Only problem with that is you will not be able to go back to 7. I have 2 PCs with one that was 8.1 which needed me to change everything to get to work right and other was 7. 7 did better since the 8.1 went from 7-8-8.1-10. Since I redid 10 on 8.1 all problems went away so now the Laptop that had 7 on it is now being redone.

Roddie I'm back on my win 7 and everything is updated yet I cant even force start it it says every thing is up to date God this is so frustrating... Wuauclt.exe /updatenow isn't working

Reaction score
Window 10 didn't recognize either my mouse or keyboard drivers. Got into the system finally by doing a hard start from the power button without any peripheral cords plugged in until the hard drive booted. I then plugged the mouse and keyboard back into the USB jacks and finally Windows 10 kicked in and I had control again. The solution is only temporary. The drivers were replaced( high jacked) by Microsoft and Windows update under 10 does not allow driver updates. You have to find Windows Explorer and get it turn on to use it in order to go to the manufacturers' web sites to download new drivers for any and all devices including video card drivers not functioning properly. Microsoft hasn't said anything about whether resorting back to the original device drivers would wreck havoc or not. It is a mess and a huge hassle! I not converting to 10 although I do not like 8.1 But with 8.1 at least everything functioned!

Ask a Question