SOLVED Upgrading Windows stopped at 91%

Reaction score
Have installed Windows 10 on two desktops, so decided to download and install on laptop. Laptop is currently on and shows 67% on Configure settings and 91% overall. There is no light flickering except a slight flicker about every 20-30 seconds showing action on hard drive and it has been at 91% for over an hour. Suggestions?

Reaction score
2 suggestions :

1. Exercise extreme patience. :)

2. Download the ISO and use it to install............
Download the Media Creation Tool. Make sure you pick the correct bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Run the Tool.........
Select Create installation media for another PC option.
That will create a Win 10 ISO.
(You can burn it to a bootable media later on. This method does not require it ).

When ISO is downloaded.......
Right click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
This method does not require product key.
Activation will be automatic.

Reaction score
David, I used the Media Creation Tool 64 bit to install. My question is, since I'm at 91 % right now and have been for 2 hours, what is gonna happen when I do a hard boot and Windows 10 is NOT completely installed?

Reaction score
I don't know. This scenario never happens to me, and I don't recall anyone reporting what did happen under such situation.

My guess is that you will be back to your previous OS. But, that's just my guess.

Sorry, I did not know you were using the Media Creation Download Tool.

Reaction score
David, I used the Media Creation Tool 64 bit to install. My question is, since I'm at 91 % right now and have been for 2 hours, what is gonna happen when I do a hard boot and Windows 10 is NOT completely installed?
I did a forced reboot and computer is restoring prior version of Windows.

Ask a Question