USB ISO Install?.

Reaction score
At the moment I am sticking with my Win7 64bit install until all or most of my programs/apps are updated to work with Win10. To this end and after researching here etc, I will most definitely go with a clean install after creating a drive image of my Win7 system as a backup. I am still not certain whether to use a DVD ROM disc or a USB stick. Could anyone tell me how much drive/disk space the Win10 download takes up to help me decide?. I have some 4.8GB DVD ROM blanks and also various USB sticks up to 64GB available. If the download is less than 4.8GB then perhaps I will use a disk but maybe it would be better to keep my Win 7 drive image back up and Win10 ISO install and all relevent programs on a USB drive instead.

Reaction score
1. I prefer a DVD.
2.Both DVD and USB must be at least 4 GB. The Win 10 ISO is under 4 GB.
3. For the time being, Do NOT do a clean install, because clean install will require a product key, and it is not yet released by Microsoft.
4. It is best to do the initial upgrade through Windows Update or "in-place" upgrade through an ISO. In fact that is what Microsoft wants us to do. Which is also why MS won't give us the product key.
5. Using an ISO does not mean you have to do a clean install. You can simply go to the ISO file > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
4. That said, it has been posted by some mods that if you do a clean install over a qualified and activated Windows, then when install asks for the product key, you can select " Do this later" and move on to next stage. The copy will get activated by the system after a few days.

Reaction score
1. I prefer a DVD.
2.Both DVD and USB must be at least 4 GB. The Win 10 ISO is under 4 GB.
3. For the time being, Do NOT do a clean install, because clean install will require a product key, and it is not yet released by Microsoft.
4. It is best to do the initial upgrade through Windows Update or "in-place" upgrade through an ISO. In fact that is what Microsoft wants us to do. Which is also why MS won't give us the product key.
5. Using an ISO does not mean you have to do a clean install. You can simply go to the ISO file > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
4. That said, it has been posted by some mods that if you do a clean install over a qualified and activated Windows, then when install asks for the product key, you can select " Do this later" and move on to next stage. The copy will get activated by the system after a few days.

Reaction score
1. The OP does not ask HOW to download Windows 10 ISO. The OP asks which one is best to use.
2. The OP does not asks how to download Enterprise version ISO.
3. If you want to post a tutorial, make sure it is either from Microsoft own article or from a reputable forum.
In my opinion only, You-tube does not qualify.
4. Don't quote what I said. Reply to the OP , not to me. I did not ask the question.

Ask a Question