USB open up after sleep mode

Reaction score
I have 2 USB connected to my laptop and when computer come back after sleep mode then my USB open up and shows all the folder and other file. is there way to stop it so it does not open up automatically.
I try plugging in to different port but same.

Reaction score
What happens if you shut the computer OFF?
Sleep mode is just a power saver, it saves all your work to memory and shuts down the HD. When it wakes up everything is as left.

Reaction score
My concern is when PC come back from sleep mode why it open up usb drive and show all the content in file explore. it does not happen on any other computer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think that Norton was wondering if the computer does the same thing under different circumstances, like when the computer was shut completely down and then restarted.

There are any number of tasks that can be triggered by different conditions like, "At log on" or "At sign-in" or "On Wake.
These can be triggered by a Scheduled Task, something in the Startup Folder, Checking the box in Folder Options, View tab to "Restore previous folder windows at logon",
AND
Even in some instance, built-in or installed software like "Smart Start".

Does it only happen with the USB drive connected?
AND
IF so, does it happen as well, with the USB drive connected from a full shut down and then a restart?

YOu may want to use the native powercfg utility to generate a general report or perhaps a sleepstudy report. Google it and see if that provides any insight.

Reaction score
As trouble says their are numerous reasons why it may act this way.
Check if the external media settings "Autoplay" feature is turned ON.
Click on start > settings > Devices > Autoplay. You can turn the feature ON/OFF, or select what you want Windows to do with external media. I doubt that it's enabled as it doesn't Autoplay when you turn your PC ON.

Ask a Question