USB ports and bluetoot not workingafter windows 10 upgrade

Reaction score
After doing a clean installation i just realized that both my usb ports and my bluetooth aren't working. I have tried downloading softwares to help me download those drivers but yet still not is still not working. I have updated my laptop through windows updates but still both aren't working. I need help please

Reaction score
I suppose I have been lucky and never had a Windows 10 install cause problems for my USB.

Do you have anything plugged into any of the USB ports? Can you open Device Manager and check the listing for USB Controllers to see if they show with a yellow triangle or any notes about their operation>

Could you supply some background information such as computer model and how you got to Windows 10?

Reaction score
No i dont have anything plugged but anytime i do plug a drive in it doesnt show at all and if i put my modem in the port side the lights blink but it still doesnt work. My laptop is accer aspire E1-510-2602, if i open the Device manager the USB contorllers listings are there without any yellow triangle listing. i guess this all u need tho

Reaction score
One thing to check is in Device Manager, if you right click on some of the USB Hubs, there may be an Advanced tab. If there is, go there and use the Reset option. Perhaps it will restore the function.

If that doesn't help, perhaps uninstalling the current drivers and checking the box to remove all driver files might allow the system to reinstall to a workable condition. Since you have already tried this and there are not problems indicated on those devices, it may not really help.

You might also check msinfo32.exe and check the problem components section to see if the USB ports are listed.

The Event Viewer may have some information related to these also if you are getting errors with plugging in some device.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have tried downloading softwares to help me download those drivers but yet still not is still not working.
Probably not a good idea as most of these so called driver finder products are practically worthless.
You may need to go directly to acer http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers drill down to your aspire E1-510 and obtain the Windows drivers from there for your device.
I'd probably start with the intel chipset driver.
You may need to select Windows 8 or 8.1 from the OS list and click the "All" button. I don't see anything specific for Windows 10 nor anything specific for USB, but....
Since it appears that the MB chipset, the GPU chipset as well as the USB 3.0 chipset are all intel it's probably a good starting place. Unfortunately laptop drivers can be a bit proprietary, otherwise I'd suggest going to Intel and using their auto detect utility to see if it might work for you.

Reaction score
I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.
Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Ask a Question