USB3 to M.2 adapter not getting a COM port in Device Manager

Reaction score
I have a Ugreen USB3 to M.2 adapter that does show up in File Explorer, but not showing on com ports. Any idea why I can't see the com port in Device Manager?

Reaction score
It should show in either the USB section or in the Disk Drives section of Device Manager. I don't have an entry for COM ports on my computers, usually are created when installing a printer as it needs. The physical 25-pin and 9-pin ports haven't been on newer computers for awhile. If the drive is good it should show in Disk Management as to whether it is ready for partitioning then formatting or if there is data on it [won't show the data itself there]. If it is formatted it needs a drive letter assigned so File Explorer will then see it.

Reaction score
It should show in either the USB section or in the Disk Drives section of Device Manager. I don't have an entry for COM ports on my computers, usually are created when installing a printer as it needs. The physical 25-pin and 9-pin ports haven't been on newer computers for awhile. If the drive is good it should show in Disk Management as to whether it is ready for partitioning then formatting or if there is data on it [won't show the data itself there]. If it is formatted it needs a drive letter assigned so File Explorer will then see it.
The USB disk works just fine. It is detected by File Manager as Drive I and I can read and write to it. My problem is that I need to know what COM port the UART in the USB to M.2 adapter is assigned so that I can use Balena Etcher to flash an ISO file to it.

Reaction score
Fixed. I downloaded the latest Balena Etcher and it does find the USB drive as a storage device. Not a com port.

Ask a Question