usb's inoperable after Windows 10 upgrade

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to this forum. I recently bought a toshiba satillite c-55 laptop, as soon as i got it i upgraded to windows ten. i do not know if the usb ports worked before my upgrade, but they do not work now. i tried to download drivers but nothing has worked.

. I know i have power to the usb's because my usb hub lights up when i plug it in. the device manager says the usb's are working but they are not. Is there a way to see if it is a hardware problem? i have seen online that others have this issue but have not found a fix. I was wondering if someone has heard of this or knows someone who has or has had this problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just upgraded two Toshiba Satellite C55A5182 laptops from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and had no issues with the USB ports on either laptop.
I would suggest going to Toshiba's Support website and checking for driver updates paying particular attention to Chipset, controller, video, audio, network and anything that looks like it may be related to USB. I believe that in my case there was also a BIOS update which I applied prior to upgrading.

Ask a Question