"use express settings" loop

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with mz computer. I tried to reinstall windows on mz computer after I had it a year. I tried to install it on the same computer and with the same dvd. Installation was over and I had to choose language, location etc. I did that and went to the window with the button "use express settings", than I clicked it and it says just a moment and after a few seconds it restarts. And after restarting it goes back to the same window with language and location. I tried it at least 20 times and everytime goes back to this window(I even try chooseing different location, language and even customize settings, but nothuing). So I tried to reinstall windows from begining, but I can't enter bios anyhow, so please help me. I have ASUS rog j771. thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you've had the installation DVD for a while, it may be worth burning a new one as there have been several updates since your version - it may be that these changes fix this issue. Here's a link to an app that you can create one with:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

I'd try that first, as it's a simple potential fix. If you have the same problem again, then we can troubleshoot further. I'm assuming this is a clean install?

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem I'm stuck on " use express setting " then load then starts it's over !! I been on this for 2 days I can't access nothing on my pc help !

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sometimes, if not often, these installation reboot loops are associated with hardware enumeration.
Reduce your computer to the bare minimum (one USB wired mouse, one USB wired keyboard, one monitor) nothing else. No peripherals attached at all, no printers, and especially no wireless dongles supporting wireless networking or wireless keyboards or mice.
It seems that in some instances, at certain stages of the installation even a network connection can cause a problem and some have found that going into the BIOS and disabling (temporarily) their integrated networking hardware components has helped.

I strongly agree with Ian's suggestion to always use the latest ISO / installation media, available through the link to the media creation tool he posted above.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But I still can't use my pc to download it .. I toke everything out my pc sept for the monitor and keyboard and mice and it still doesn't work can you please help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Shut it down. Remove the AC power from the wall. IF it's a laptop, remove the battery.
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so.

IF it's a laptop replace the battery.
Plug it back into the wall AC
Power it up and see what happens.
But I still can't use my pc to download it
Yep.... no way to use an unusable PC to download the ISO or create the installation media from that ISO. You're going to need another resource (working computer), a friend, a neighbor, family member, etc.
Maybe even a public resource, library, coffee shop / internet café?

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem I'm stuck on " use express setting " then load then starts it's over !! I been on this for 2 days I can't access nothing on my pc help !
restart your computer then press f2, go to boot then change to hdd from usb.

Ask a Question