User login issue

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for help. after using windows 10 for sometime now there are multiply people using this comp. During the process of adding users the first person became the admin and took access of all my files! To fix this problem I went to user accounts and deleted the account but clicked on Keep Files. I already had other accounts on. I deleted the account, kept the files but then logged out without renaming or adding a user where all my files were. Now it doesn't seem like I have anyway to access them. I thought just a blank or dummy account would be left but there are only the other ones and I don't know how to access my old files. Is there anyway to get them back?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked ......
C:\Users\UserName
For the profile folder associated with the former account
Typically, when you "delete" an account and choose to "keep files", the process places a new "Folder" on your desktop which contains the profile folder of the former account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.
Thanks for the follow-up info and comments.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question