User profile issues

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help. I have 3 user profiles on my desktop, my wife, my daughter and myself. A while back I installed the latest Windows 10 update. Seemed to go ok until we discovered that my wife's profile acted like it was a temp profile. Her files were gone and she couldn't use the printer etc. I uninstalled the update and this seemed to help except she continued to run into issues and couldn't even use the app store. So this morning I again installed the latest update and we're back with her profile issues. Files gone etc. and she has the windows blue screen. I had a live chat with support today and they had me do a restore and restart. Didn't help. Then they had me restart the computer approximately 6 times. Sometimes her profile picture would be there others it wouldn't be. So then they suggested adding a new profile for her and drag/drop her files from the cloud to her new profile. But when I start to set up a new user, it asks for her email address and it goes right back to her original profile. I'm stuck and don't know what else to do. I'm not real tech savvy.

Reaction score
Don't hold me to it, but you may have to delete her profile first. I use local accounts, so I can't be sure if that would work. I'd wait and see if someone here can confirm that would work first before deleting it.

Ask a Question