uTorrent 3.5.5 Build 45146, 32 Bit.

Reaction score
Anyone using this version might encounter this same issue I did. realizing all PC's running Win 10, 64 bit are different, and in different locations. This version came out a few weeks ago. I would have to leave the desktop for a few hours, I'd put the PC in Hibernate only to come back to it and find it running. This issue escalated in either Sleep, or Hibernate to where my PC would instantly restart, once put in either mode.

I have Windows Assure Protection Plan, which most times fixes my issue. It is extremely time consuming in some cases, but better than taking the PC to a shop. 4 online chats, in remote access, finally the issue was found. First I was told an In Place reinstall was necessary, did that, as most know that's a four hour ordeal depending on your internet speed. I have very fast fiber optics.

That didn't work, then told to reinstall the motherboard BIOS, being old, and not a geek, decided to check the BIOS found nothing wrong.

The next Windows Tech was working so fast i couldn't follow what she was doing, but knew her stuff. I had forgotten I download the newest version of uTorrents, she was the only Tech to ask if I had downloaded anything new. She asked to close uTorrents, then put the PC to sleep. I did, while still connect in remote, it stayed asleep, then tried again with hibernate, it worked.

So now I thought I need to close uTorrents everytime when I want to put the PC in either of these modes without shutting it completely down. Surprisingly I only had to do that one time, it now sleep and hibernates as it should.

For those who encounter this issue you can save yourself a lot of aggravation, just by closing it one time.

DP.

Reaction score
There is a uTube video on how to get rid of the banner ads, and all ads. there is even one on the best settings, to get the fastest downloads. It would be better to watch the video than for me to give the instructions.

Ask a Question