SOLVED Groove Music Equalizer Vanished

Reaction score
Having recently discovered that the Groove App. had an equalizer (although difficult to find; I think you had to adjust it before opening something to play i.e. it wasn't present once something was selected. It has however vanished & I hadn't logged onto the Internet since last using it. Is there a way of getting it back and once back is there a way of using it while listening to streamed content e.g. YouTube?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I find it in Groove, Settings/gear, Playback and Equalizer before opening a song. But like you, I haven't yet found how to get it back when a song is playing. But I'm on a Notebook, probably not as critical as on a Desktop with the more advanced sound devices.

Reaction score
Thanks, but I tried opening Groove/Settings but after that there is nothing resembling "gear, Playback or Equalizer; in fact there was very little; tried re-set

Reaction score
The Settings/gear just means they are the same thing with the gear being an icon.

Reaction score
The Settings/gear just means they are the same thing with the gear being an icon.
Got it; but there is nothing like "playback" & I have every Windows 10 update. I had earlier s uccessfully downloaded an equalizer from Sourceforge called- I think - Equalizer APO which was very complex but worked OK as long as no buttons were engaged i.e. just adjusting some of the 15 bands; remain interested however as to how a function just vanishes.

Reaction score
If if playing a song with Groove, the Equalizer is still present. click on the settings button beside the login and it will come up ( I did not log in though)

2018-07-15_095450.jpg

2018-07-15_100006.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks very much; it all seems fairly logical now; do you think I should mark it as solved or hope that someone may also know a way to use it on Youtube etc. rather than having to download a second equalizer/audio controller?

Ask a Question