SOLVED Very odd problem

Reaction score
Hello, so I have been running win 7 for a few years, very stable no problems. The other night I was playing some pokemon via vba, and my computer crashed. Was like hmmmm, until it randomly kept happening every 10-30 mins, even with no applications running, the cpu would go from like 5, 15, 30, 25, 5, 30 and it would crash. At this point I'm thinking virus or shitastic software issue. Run avast, registry cleaner, file check when Windows first boots, nothing. The crashes happen about as often in safe mode. So I formatted my hd and installed win 10, crashed after an hour, now it is as it was or will crash before it boots. I get a combination of 'critical process died' and 'memory management error' I have 16 gb ram, gtx 570 gpu, and an I5. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you. Running memtest atm and getting 65535+ errors for each test lol. Will update with the result of the stress tests later on.

Reaction score
Thanks again, memtest let me deduce that one of my ram sticks had died. (Ran memtest with only one of the ram sticks at a time to figure out which) and its fixed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hopefully, as most ram now has at least a limited lifetime warranty, replacing it should not be too costly.
Thanks for following up and lettings us know what your found.

Ask a Question