Video thumbnail preview disappeared

Reaction score
Hi,
After the Anniversary update and Creators update I have been unable to see the preview on my video files only the icon for the media player.
Have followed all the suggestions regarding unticking of the box for icon only and other settings in the advanced options.
But with no success. Opening my many videos to identify them when creating home movies is very time confusing.
I would appreciate any assistance on the matter as I have hit a brick wall with this issue.
Also since these updates windows 10 often freezes randomly.
Thanks

Attachments

• Preview icon.jpg
    Preview icon.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 619
Reaction score
Since the Anniversary and Creators update I no longer have any preview thumbnails on my video files. Images are ok.
Have followed all the suggestions regarding unchecking the icons only boxe and advanced settings boxes, but still no video preview thumbnails. Any help would be appreciated as editing videos is now a long process as each file has to be played for identification.

Attachments

• Preview icon.jpg
    Preview icon.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 547

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to check your View settings in Folder Options to make sure you do not have the following box checked.

Thumbnails.JPG

Also uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions of known file types to confirm that the problem files have the appropriate file extension.

Reaction score
Thanks, that worked for me, but is there a way to view only the individual files with a photo of the content, but not the list of directories. I like my directories shown as LIST, but there are a number of video files at the end of the directory that shows the video players logo. It works great if I open a directory that only has videos in it, I can select View, Large, or Extra Large and it shows the content.
However, if I'm in a directory that is a combination of sub directories (which I want to view in the list format) and individual video files (which I want to view as Large) I can do one or the other, but not both. I believe this only started when I started using VLC Video Player, which I like.

I just saw the date of this post and it's 4 years old, I probably should have just opened a new post.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information but unfortunately I tried all these options before and still no previews since the Anniversary update. Seems there are a few out there with the same issue.

Ask a Question