Videos are slow

Reaction score
Around 10 days ago I was watching a programme on Sky Go on Internet Explorer, and I noticed that at times the picture and audio would go out of sync, and the video would almost be in slow motion. I thought it was just Sky Go being funny but then the same things started happening on Youtube in Chrome. I put this down to slow internet in my university halls but I have been home since and it's happening there too. I have tried optimising apps and 'putting them to sleep' with my AVG, and Windows is saying it is up to date too.

Any ideas on what it could be/what I could do?

Bif

Reaction score
I too have noticed this behavior lately,despite my graphics driver being " the best one for my system" according to the MS gods..I've yet to find a viable solution.
All I can suggest is turn off/uncheck Use hardware acceleration..although this failed to improve things on my end.Perhaps someone else will chime in...

Reaction score
Same here. At first I thought it was browser specific but no. Chrome, Firefox and Edge all share this problem.
I am seeing it for Hulu and Netflix.
This started in the last month for me.

Reaction score
I have tried to disable papperflash ( Chrome://plugins ) still not working.

still out of sync

Reaction score
So I hadn't found a solution to the problem, but what I realised was that this was only something that was happening when my laptop was plugged in charging. I have just put up with it since then, mostly by watching Youtube on Firefox, making sure my laptop was charged when I wanted to stream something, or just flat out accepting that I was going to have lagging issues and using my iPad mini instead.
HOWEVER. This morning when I turned my laptop on, there was a message from Adobe about a Flash Player update - I installed the update, and now I am using my laptop on charge and the Youtube video I am watching is playing perfectly fine.
I don't want to jinx it, but I really hope that this problem has now been permanently solved.

Ask a Question