vmxclient.exe

Reaction score
Ok so about no more then 2 weeks ago i was downloading something off the internet that I thought was safe but it turns out it wasnt. The day after I found out that whenever i try to open task manager it opens for half a second (while blank) then closes, I also found out that some of my games such as Gmod and CSGO were not opening as well, i tried updating my graphics driver and when i tried it said my graphics card was incompatable and in the past i have updated my driver and it has worked Perfectly, i also tried to reset my pc but whenever i press the reset button nothing happens, i also have done various antivirus softwares and none are solving my problem another thing to note is the last time i used task manager it said “vmxclient.exe” is open and i tried ending its task that is the last time i have used task manager on my pc so far.
I am currently running windows 10 home

Reaction score
Undoubtedly, the “vmxclient.exe is the culprit. It is a virus.
You do not say which antivirus programs you have used? But, Malware bytes, which is free, should find it. At the end it will show a few pups (possible unwanted programs) You virus should be shown as such. Delete it.
Get the program at
https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow.... just reading about this one.
IF Malwarebytes doesn't do a complete job you might have a look here for a more comprehensive guide to ridding your computer of this problem.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-winvmx-client-and-vmxclient.exe-pup/
Before using this guide, we suggest that you read it once and download all necessary tools to your desktop.
I would follow that suggestion by creating a new folder on your desktop and downloading all the necessary tools in advance before starting the task and then step through them as directed.
EVEN if it means using a second uninfected computer to download them to a thumbdrive and then using that on the infected computer.

Reaction score
Undoubtedly, the “vmxclient.exe is the culprit. It is a virus.
You do not say which antivirus programs you have used? But, Malware bytes, which is free, should find it. At the end it will show a few pups (possible unwanted programs) You virus should be shown as such. Delete it.
Get the program at
https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Ok so I downloaded Malwarebytes and when i try clicking on the shortcut it says unable to connect the service

Reaction score
Possibly the virus has already got a little deeper into your computer.
I would suggest you follow the link given by Trouble, very carefully. Otherwise, if you are able to restore to an early system, that may be the quicker way.

Reaction score
EEK (Emisoft Emergency Kit) also does a decent job of getting rid of PUPs.

Ask a Question