W/L mouse fine, all W/L Kybds give trbl, missing or repeating, aprx 3' from PC

Reaction score
Asus All in one PC, Win 10, few months old. I am using a Logitech Trackball (wireless) on the bed right next to the PC (a distance of approximately 3 feet) and I have no trouble with it. I am now on my second wireless Keyboard. The original w/l keyboard was the ASUS one that came with the PC. The new one is a Microsoft 6000 V3.0. I have problems constantly with it lagging, repeating a character a bunch of times, or missing characters a altogether. I am constantly going back and retyping sentences. I have changed batteries, and changed the USB port that the receiver was plugged into. Originally, it was plugged into the USB at the side of the AIO, and I have moved it to the ones in the back, just to be thorough. I have turned off a nearby Bluetooth soundbar, and taken both cell phones out of the room, no change. If I move to right beside the PC, it works fine. This is only about a foot closer.

One thing I want to mention is, in my office just across the hall, I am having the same problem, so much so that I have scrapped wireless altogether and switched to a wired keyboard to end the frustration. Different hardware there.

Anyone ever seen this?

Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question