W10 is causing random crashes, followed by an update

Reaction score
So when Windows 10 crashes, it will go to a black screen, I assumed it was due to my laptop not getting enough power, or something but that isn't the case because this has happened on My college laptop, my gaming laptop and my desktop.

Windows 10 will crash, to a black screen, then when I reboot, I am being forced to update. When this is finished, I am to find out that I have some sort of hardware damage caused by this crash

i.e my gaming laptop will repeatedly crash
my college laptop's touch screen is bricked
my tower's SSD fried

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
On all 3 devices, did you make sure that the device itself is supported for windows 10 by way of drivers. Not all laptops and towers can run windows 10.....some are just not supported.

Reaction score
On all 3 devices, did you make sure that the device itself is supported for windows 10 by way of drivers. Not all laptops and towers can run windows 10.....some are just not supported.
Yes I did, It was caused by a forced reset it appears, because it was forced into a update when my computer crashed.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I got that....but what update? If you know what update it is you can hide it and then see how it goes.

What I'm unclear on is: Where all 3 devices upgraded? What was the OS on each one before 10? What are the exact make/model of each device?

What I'm getting at; just because one has a qualifying OS to upgrade to doesn't mean one should. This goes directly to the manufacturer's support of said device for windows 10.

Reaction score
I got that....but what update? If you know what update it is you can hide it and then see how it goes.

What I'm unclear on is: Where all 3 devices upgraded? What was the OS on each one before 10? What are the exact make/model of each device?

What I'm getting at; just because one has a qualifying OS to upgrade to doesn't mean one should. This goes directly to the manufacturer's support of said device for windows 10.

All three devices were on the Windows 10 Operating system, and all Three devices had crashed to a black screen then upon reboot was forced into a windows 10 system update without prompt, which has lead me to assume that that the hardware damage caused by the forced system update, caused the hardware damage. There was no change in the hardware drivers that would have caused damage to the hardware, The only change was a crash triggered by a crash to a black screen, then a windows 10 system update.

Ask a Question