w10 login only accepts my PIN , not previoius sign in PW

Reaction score
I am three days after W10 upgrade which went quite well. My previous win 7 password worked fine for 2+ days.
I think yesterday I created a login PIN which I thought was for Microsoft related stuff(ie forums, communities, etc). I also have a Microsoft account, which I also don't want to use to logon. Due to another issue I decided to restart my PC today and to my surprise my old login icon appeared (not the standard w10 icon as before, and under it my e-mail and then two login choices, one of which was/is my PIN and it worked. However I got to this point, that is not how I want to log into my PC but I can't find out (tried all options I could think of) how I can go back to using my previous GOOD password. I don't want to create another password. With 5 PC's in this house I have a coordinated set of different passwords for all these PC's that makes for ,an oldie like, an easily remembered password no matter which PC I want to logon to.
I hope this description of my issue is sufficiently clear, that someone can help me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Reaction score
DANY additional information. Went back to double check ONLY newly created PIN works. Other option is Microsoft account, which I have and have been using without any issues BUT just tested to make sure and it will NOT work to login to my PC

Ask a Question