W10 not detecting my HDMI cable to TV

Reaction score
I'm no expert on connecting to a TV via HDMI cables. Have you tried clicking on the notification area bottom right in the system tray and selecting "Project" the options tere are PC Screen only, duplicate, Extend and Second Screen.I'm sure someone here will provide assistance on the subject.

Reaction score
This PC is a laptop? If so I presume that the normal laptop screen is working?

Many laptops have a button that cycles between laptop screen, external screen and both. My Lenovo has that and I suspect it overrides any W10 software switch. FWIW there is no difference between a TV connected HDMI and a PC monitor connected HDMI. So it MAY BE that the W10 graphics driver on the machine needs a tweak, right click on the screen or looking at device manager or Advanced Display Settings in Settings-> display. Maybe this laptop thinks the TV is Display 2

I don't have a hardware set up to test this.

Reaction score
Tim you are correct about the Laptop button. I never use these features but on my Dell F1 button is for switching screens, I just noticed the split screen images on F1 when I read your post. LOL

Ask a Question