SOLVED W8.1 updates showing up on W10 Pro

Reaction score
I just ran my IObit ACS 8 Advanced System Care on my W10 pro, nothing out of the ordenary showed up until it got to the "security Holes", it shows I need 17 updates for W8.1 ?????, anybody else use IObit ACS 8 and run into this today? I guess I could make a restore point and see what it does if I let it run, any opnions or ideas why this is showing these? I ran W10 update and it doesn't show anything.

(side note, I get a lot of "shockwave is busy or stopped responding when moving around on this site)

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.....
Don't use it, so I'm not familiar with the product, but......
I don't think I would trust a third party software product to check and see if I needed Windows Updates, especially since that function is already native to the OS, although I guess it's not bad to get a second opinion, except......
When it's reporting I need updates for a product I no longer have installed.

It's possible that it is not fully Windows 10 compatible yet and it's just reporting some default information that it thinks you need to address.

Reaction score
OK, I have no idea, anyway I made a full Image just now and now am letting this thing run, we'll see what happens, the worst it can do is the OS just rejects the items after D/Ling. I'm just curious to find out lolol.

Reaction score
Well, pretty weird, I let the program run to fix the issues, it did D/L and install those items per the program, I didn't see any OS popups or alerts about anything, or errors in updates. checked W10 update history, only thing listed there was the Aug 5th update, nothing else. re ran ACS, and this time it came up clear too. so who knows
maybe it just needed to reset.

so I guess this one can be considered solved :)

Ask a Question