Wake up PC from Keyboard

Reaction score
My Keyboard and mouse are not waking up my pc I am having to use the monitor start up button even when it is only in sleep mode.

Reaction score
You can turn off the hibernation, which may help. To do this, right click the start icon and select "Command Prompt (Admin)". Type
powercfg.exe /hibernate off
and enter.

But, I think your problem may be that the hard disk is sleeping, and cannot easily be revived. This seems to be a more recent problem, associated with certain HDs. Whether you are using an SSD or more conventional HD, a solution may be , in the power settings, to Never allow it to sleep. There are various views regarding wear of the HD, for which you can browse, but the consensus is that the wear is insignificant over the normal life span of an HD.

Reaction score
My Keyboard and mouse are not waking up my pc I am having to use the monitor start up button even when it is only in sleep mode.
It's my experience that the monitor's power on/power off switch does not affect the operation of the computer. Could be the power saving features of the Operating System is causing an effect, sometimes there's a fine balance between things that can get turned off. If the keyboard and mouse are USB could be the timing of turning off the USB ports is an issue with Sleep and Hibernate and when the HDD is turned off.

Ask a Question