Waking from sleep

Reaction score
I have been running windows 10 for quite a while. However it recently updated and now I can't wake my computer from sleep. I used to just click the mouse and I could just enter my password to use it - now I have to restart it each time. Does anyone know how to fix it.

Reaction score
I have had a similar issue after updates. In my case the keyboard would still cause the computer to wake. I found that reinstalling my mouse in a different USB port caused it to start working again. Hope that might work for you.

Reaction score
I have had a similar issue after updates. In my case the keyboard would still cause the computer to wake. I found that reinstalling my mouse in a different USB port caused it to start working again. Hope that might work for you.
Thanks for your help but it hasn't solved it.

Reaction score
I have a similar problem on one of the family laptops. It could be awakened by holding the on/off button for a second. But, for ease of use, I set the power options to never turn off the HD. That solved the problem.

Reaction score
I don't use any power saving options myself as I find them a pain to be honest!. ;)

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting solution but I have the same problem and am using a wireless mouse. Maybe I should try moving the wireless usb adapter.

Reaction score
Does Intellipoint Software work with any mouse? My Logitech mouse died and I replaced it with a cheap USB connected mouse. The Logitech mouse used to wake the computer from sleep. But the new mouse does not. Not sure if this is due to the new mouse or a Win10 update but I assume it's the former.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been running windows 10 for quite a while. However it recently updated and now I can't wake my computer from sleep. I used to just click the mouse and I could just enter my password to use it - now I have to restart it each time. Does anyone know how to fix it.

I have a similar issue but hitting CTRL /ALT / DELETE brings it out of sleep and onto the log-in screen

Reaction score
how you set sleep mode may matter. There is a setting for what to do when the lid id closed. some updates mess with settings. If the windows key tthen power - sleep is how you put to sleep, then I would try anything you can find relative, meaning that aboiut all I offer is updates may mess with things and the lid action has a setting.

Reaction score
Perhaps another thread ready for "Solved".
The OP hasn't returned for a couple of weeks.

Ask a Question